Thread: Serger ? ? ?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 AM
JanetM

Originally Posted by bpieces
Good Morning,
I am new to the board and new to quilting. I love it and have learned a lot by reading this board. I want to buy a good quality serger. One that willl last and is sturdy and easy to use. I know that is a lot to ask but I really need your help.
bpieces :?:
Getting a serger is a great idea, but only if you will use it. I have a Babylock Evolve (the new version is called Evolution) that I absolutely love. Babylock is the only serger on the market that has jet-air threading which makes it the best when it come to threading. It also has auto tension...so no tension problems.

When I was looking for my serger, I looked at all of the name brands and had them demonstrated for me. When you go to the sewing store the sergers are already threaded. It is important to insist that they rethread the machine in front of you. Don't let them just show you the path the thread goes through. You need to see the process.
So many people don't use their sergers because threading can be tedious and difficult.

When I saw the Babylock I knew I had found the machine for me. The jet-air threading and the auto tension make this machine the easiest one to use. Babylocks are pricey but they are quality products. Babylock used to have a video on their site that explains the jet-air threading. You might want to check out their site. I have no affiliation with Babylock. If they knew how much I love their product they would probably hire me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take the time you need to get the perfect serger for you.

P.S. I recently made a quilt top completely on the serger. I would have never thought it would be possible to get accurate piecing using a serger...but you can :thumbup: Sure made fast work of it, and the back looked so pretty with every seam so nicely finished.