View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by pamkasperi
as a Mother I may have failed.

My mother did it right. We were forced and tought and had to crammed into us that IF YOU USE THE LAST OF THE TOILET PAPER YOU GET A NEW ROLL AND YOU EVEN PUT IT ON THE SPINDLE....

Not one of my 5 kids knows how to do this....so I have failed....

Well not really failed I guess - they have learned to leave 4 squares on there so that its not really empty and in their minds needs to be replaced.

I don't understand it??? I don't care if the toilet paper is over or if its under...I dont' even really mind if its not on the spindle - althought I prefer it that way so it doesn't end up in the toilet. BUT.... I REALLY DO MIND going to the bathroom and there only being 4 square or there being NONE!

I thought I was teaching them everything they needed to know before they tackled the real world but I just missed this one!!!
Been there, done that. My youngest son lived here with me till a few years ago when he bought his own house down the road apiece. Now there were just the two of us here, and he would snack on something and leave like one cracker in the package, or a tablespoon of milk in the carton, or one cookie in the package, or just a tiny bit of salad left, on and on it goes. When I asked him why he didn't just finish it up, he said he didn't want to be the one to eat it ALL up. I guess it is the same way with the toilet paper. My husband NEVER refilled the toilet paper roller. Harrrumph :!: :!: :!:
i have one who used to eat all the leftovers EXCEPT 1 bite... and leave the fork or spoon in it... so we always knew which one of the boys did it!