Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Nancy, is that a smaller sized machine? Got this from a Singer repair man down the street from me ~ was trading out some of my dead old Touch-n-Sew machines and a broken old serger I didn't want to fix anymore for my daughter's "new" machine ~ her old Elgin was toast, it was a finger gear that was broken, with little hope of finding a replacement at a reasonable cost...

She's fixed up now with a running Wards Signature machine, freshly serviced... nothing unique or special, but its special to her ~ fits right into her elgin table! So she already has the quilt pattern picked out and is just finalizing her fabric choices from my stash... her first quilt with NO help from mom... I'm not even allowed to peek at her working on it, apparently its some top secret project :shock:

Anyway, this guy & I were talking about my Singer 27 treadle, and he was thrilled that I was actually going to use it ~ he showed me this cabinet and asked did I just want it... OMG i Love it! And I have to somehow find a way to get her operating again...