Old 04-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by AndiR
I was in a local antique shop today and saw a Wheeler & Wilson treadle machine with coffin top. Had an "8" on the front of the machine, serial # looked something like 563952. Belt was missing as was bobbin case but the wheel turned freely. It's not in the best shape, but kinda cute anyway ;-).

Is there somewhere I can find out more about this and what it should look like/what might be missing? (This table didn't have any drawers, should it?). They were asking $65 but I have no idea how much they usually go for.
One of the cool things about the WW 8 treadle is the two different sizes of flywheel. The belt shifts from one to another to change gear ration for sewing on different fabrics!! My treadle does have drawers on one side. I don't have any pictures of mine handy, but here's one online that shows a close-up of the head. If you look closely at the picture of the whole machine, you can see the double flywheel:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...05788735TOQLPN

Oops, had to change this--if bobbin case is not present, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of where to find one!!