View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 AM
oma66

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Just as I'm sitting there diligently quilting a UFO, I take a break and I find a link to a pattern that I have wanted forever! Now I want to stop what I am doing and start something new! It is a paper-pieced double wedding ring that would be perfect for a scrappy quilt.

Google paper-pieced Double wedding ring quilt pattern and you will see the site for McCalls Quilting. Templates and instructions are there in PDF for printing or to save.

What's wrong with me?? :lol:
There is not a thing wrong with you...it is just the excitement of a new adventure into your fabric art. But be strong and finish what you are doing first and you will be happier with yourself in the end for not creating another UFO.

I know the feeling all too well myself but resist it even if I have to grit my teeth to do it. LOL. As you work on your current project plan the double wedding ring in your mind. I do that so often...work on one while planning another.

Happy quilting and let us know how you are doing on the wedding ring quilt. I have one that is an UFO as I find it hard to put together and have ripped out as much as I have sewn as I wanted it to match up perfectly. I recently went to a quilt show that had a double wedding ring that won first prize and upon very, very close inspection I found that not all the seams matched up. Nevertheless, it was a gorgeous quilt and just looking at it the inperfections did not show up. That was an encouragement to me. Keep plugging along on the UFO.