Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by S D G
I am also a lefty, I don't see that it has caused me any more difficulty than any other person. Both of my parents and my brother are righties, both of my children are lefties. I wouldn't be me if I were anyother way.
I'm a lefty and when I first started quilting I had to use a ruler wrong side up because the numbers were backwards. This made everything slip so then I started counting backwards so that 5 would be 1, 4 would be 2, 3 would be 3, 2 would be 4 and 1 would be 5... see the problem????

And when the 'ergonomic' rotary cutters first came out ... they were all right handed.

And trying to start a blanket stich by looking at a picture in the book ... spazz-attack!

I was blessed to find a crochet dictionary with left handed pictures and instructions in the back so I had no problem with that but never mastered knitting. Yes, I know, you knit both ways but I could never quite get the hang of it.

However, being a left-handed quilt instructor was very handy (pardon the pun) when it came to instructing students. They would stand in front of the table and I would be behind when I taught them to rotary cut. Worked like a charm!