Old 04-05-2011, 12:50 AM
jimsjunque

I have 4 Singer 301 machines. One of my machines is at mom's home; a soon to be 78 years young quilter.She needed a reliable machine, so away she went.But I want her back....sometime. Another machine went to my sister's home. She also needed a machine, the machine can go for a visit but needs to come back home when you find what you're looking for. My 3rd machine now is in it's suitcase waitng to go to retreats. #4 is my very favorite. Three of the four machines were $25.00 AND ONE PURCHASED AT A CHURCH RUMMAGE FOR $3.00. My favorite came home about 7 years ago, in the trunk of my small Honda.She is a 1950's blond cabinet model.Loaded drawers.Her plate has the 1/4 inch sewing seam engraved right on her.Dirty, greasy full of lint, my oh my, she was a sight to behold, but I saw the gem waiting to come out. I gently washed her down, gave her several drinks,spoke softly with encouragement and gently turned the wheel by hand.She purrs! I sewed many mission quilt tops that first year, using that old double knit material. Not a stitch was skipped [didn't use a ball point needle]. "GOD" BLESSED. I try to use her almost daily, she's always ready. Enjoy your new family member, Love her, and remember to say "Thank You".
'