View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 AM
whereaminow

[quote=Dandish]That is very wonderful and interesting! In that part of the world (I don't know about Afghanistan in particular) they have a long rich history of a wonderful cross-stitch type of work called "tatreez" in arabic. Some of it is stunning. It is often times uniquely stylized in each particular village/region, much in the same fashion as the amish in certain areas use only certain colors and/or patterns...quote]

I agree with all the sentiments expressed regarding the potential fun and enlightment you will be sure to have. A thought I had when reading the various posts: You didn't mention if these guests have any prior 'needle' experience. If you don't know, please make sure you don't assume that they know nothing of sewing techniques. This would be disrespectful. They quite possibly have very good needle skills. I've known people who assume that persons of another culture don't know 'squat' about the things they are sharing, when in fact the other culture was far more advanced in skill.