Thread: Easter Mug Rug
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:06 PM
dream56

Originally Posted by Dar-midlife
Originally Posted by RkayD
I've never heard of fabric medium....? I Love all the things I can learn. =) Your Mug Rug is adorable!
What is the purpose of putting a "fabric medium" over it? What happens if one doesn't use a fabric medium? AND what else is it good for or used for/with? Thanks--that's a lot of questions!
To answer your questions - the fabic medium does set the colors and make it absorb into the fabric. I'm not sure on this item as I've never used it with colored pencils but It seems to have given them a water paint look.
I've also mixed in alittle and used with acrylic paints to paint on sweatshirts to help set the colors. On them we then ironed after it was dry as well.
Like Bonni said I even used this medium to paint a friends floral sofa when she wanted to add more color to it. The medium helped the paint absorb and made it alittle softer feel than if we had just used acrylic paint.
It can be purchase anywhere you find acrylic craft paints and is found in with the colors in the same size type of bottle as the paints. It is not very expensive and last a long time since you don't need to use much.