View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
cabinfever

I just came back from Joann's & my store in calif has the long one on clearance for 75% off today. If Joann's won't be carrying some of them they may be clearancing (sp?) elsewhere as well. I noticed only the long ones were on clearance, it was about 8" x 24"; & it's no longer shown on the JT website. When I saw it @ the store, I noticed the slots were only about 18" long of the full 24" ruler, so perhaps since it will not cut Width of fabric (WOF)in one pass, they weren't popular. It was 75% off. For those who think they might like to give it a try, this might be a good start. Also, I think Joann's would let you return any of their rulers within 60 days if you don't like it; you could ask first.

Another review of these tools, where she suggests the best rotary cutter was the Fiskars 28mm for success with the slots. http://www.quiltersreview.com/articl...t/010709_a.asp

I forgot to mention you DO really need to be cutting straight upright not leaning off to one side with your rotary blade.

Someone else posted the JT website for video demos & you can also search in general & find others on youtube too. There are always creative people out there that will think of new ways to use tools, that even the mfr. never thought of.