Old 04-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by genafan201
I'd be really interested in the answer to this question also. I read on a Kindle, and for some silly reason the first two or three books of the "series" can not be read on a Kindle. I don't really want to start on the ones I have if the characters are the same. Thanks!
I have every one of her books and listen to them and yes, they all have the same characters or branch off to different times with the same family. The new one coming out "The Union Quilters" has Gerda Bergstrom in it and she is in earlier books. Listen to the first two or three on a cd or tape and follow the characters through - there are 16 books in total. I love each and every one of them. Also, check out Emilie Richards Shenandoah Series - five books, all named after quilt blocks and each story different but with the same characters in the books, but each as a different plot in the story. I am on the fourth book now - Sister's Choice and I have one left after that one - Touching Stars. I like reading those kind of stories (actually they are audio books. I listen to them while I am sewing. Anyhow the Emilie Richard series is really really good! I am totally a Jennifer Chiaverini fan though. What I like about the audio books, however, is that they take up less space then a book, but not as less as a Kindle. I want to get an ipod and put the books on them. I can go for a walk with a tape in my Walkman (I don't even think they make them anymore - have to remember to be careful)and walk the dog to my heart's content and still listen to a good story. Have a good day!!! Edie