View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 01:57 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
While it seems complaint worthy, did you read the care instruction on the end of the bolt? If you over-looked that little piece of information, you probably will not be compensated for your loss. If it is not printed I would request a refund, or credit or new fabric all together.
seriously...a refund...COTTON fabric shrinks when it gets wet and it hit with heat...it is a world wide known fact that has been on the record books for thousands of years....
Anyone who has ever sewn clothing(and 99% of all quilter's) know that shrinkage occurs with cotton fabric...like don't buy a cotton TEE unless you get a size larger so it can shrink....don't buy cotton towels with heavy banding on the ends because when the towel shrinks the banding does too and it makes your towel funky on the ends....

cotton fabric shrinks...the bolt does not have to tell you that, LOGIC tells you that!
wow...that's why I have so many funky towel ends in my linen cupboard...I spend a good part of every folding session stretching back out the end of my towels so they will lay as flat as possible on the shelf....I never thought about the reason why...I just figured all towels did that from time to time :roll: Man..don't I feel stupid!! :oops:

I prewash...just a habit cause I hate surprises later... :shock: