Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 AM
CraftyGardenMom

Someone somewhere didn't do their research very well to think that quilter's will pay for tutorials. I agree...won't be much profit in it.
quote]

I completely disagree with this statement above: there IS a lot of profit potential in online classes for her...she only has to record the videos once and then people buy the course for $29 or however much they charge...if only 50 people sign up (which is highly likely considering how huge the Missouri Star email list must be) that's $1,450..and all she has to do is answer questions that as knowledgeable as she is would be pretty simple to do. I think it's a fabulous way for a well-respected online or LQS to make extra income, because let's face it, many of them are struggling or trying hard to stay in business. I understand quilters not wanting to pay for tutorials when so much is free online, but don't "knock" others for wanting to get extra instruction from an excellent teacher like Jenny or for a quilt store (online or offline) to try and think up new ways to earn income in these tough times when the cost of their product (fabric) is increasing and the big box stores are offering 50% off coupons left and right.

From all of my past very positive experiences with them, I choose to believe Missouri Star is not doing anything "underhanded" or "sneaky" by offering these classes..I think they're being smart and keeping up with the times and the way people are learning..why shouldn't they be compensated for their skills? Just my 2 cents...