View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Bunnie

Hi, I am Bunnie, not my real name.. but a nickname. I am married with one 21 yr. old son, one dog (who thinks he’s a cat) and 7 cats (all rescues that were supposed to have other homes by now).

I have been sewing since I was 10 years old. But just recently (couple years or so) gotten into quilting. I like Lap quilts and baby quilts the best. Anything bigger than that, and I get that overwhelmed feeling and then the project never gets finished.

I am hoping to learn new techniques, because the ones I know, are ones that I pretty much made up myself, so there have to be better ideas out there! Most of my quilts are just squares arranged in different color patterns. I would like to be adventurous and try triangles! But to be honest the lining up of points scares me. If I get just one off, would it not throw off the whole quilt?!

I am also a machine sewer. To me, 'hand' is a four letter word. If it cannot be done by machine, it sits and sits, until I figure out a way to do it by machine, or it gets tossed.

So I am slowly going to start reading the forum (new to forums too) and hopefully things will make sense. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share! Thanks!