Old 04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

Hi Michael,
I'm impressed by how much fabric you have aquired in such a short amount of time. Way to go!! My "stash" wasn't too bad until a friend of mine took me to a couple of closing quilt stores, one with fantastic batiks, and another quilt shop selling fabric for $2.99/yd, the owner was just making room for new fabric. Most of this was done while I was recovering from surgery and I had plans to do a lot of quilting until I could go back to work. The size of my "stash" didn't hit me until my sister passed away and I inherited her stash, and then we "downsized from a 3-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom apartment. YIKES!!! I purged a lot (but my friend says that if there is anything I really need, I can get it back), passed yards and yards off to a local quilt group who makes quilts for sick children in hospitals, etc., and I still have a lot. My only advice is keep your "stash" in one room, so you can have some control, and reorganize by color, or type - Christmas, fall, etc. The best way to get rid of a stash is to start making those quilts. Good luck. Marge D