View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:35 AM
wmiller1733

For those of you who like the waffle stitch and would like to use it, I'll give you my instructions for it.

As I said earlier on this board, it works best if you have evenly spaced focal points on the fabric to guide you. But it should be fairly easy if you eyeball it. It is simply a series of L's and upside down L's creating a broken square. The first row starts with a right side up L the second is the upside down L. I complete the stitch by stitching the rows up and down (instead of left to right). I do a sort of baste stitch, hiding the thread within the sandwich (on the back side) so that the reverse of the quilt maintains the same pattern. I complete the whole block with up and down stitches then start on the bottom row doing the right to left stitching the same way (hiding the thread within the sandwich) and work each row creating the broken square. And that's how it's done. If these instructions are confusing, feel free to email me at [email protected], and I'll be happy to walk you through it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185447.jpe