View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by MiMi in Lutz
Does your machine have a threader? If so, make sure when using it that the needle is not hitting the plate. My threader (on my Viking Sapphire) was bending my needle just enough to have the needle hit the plate. In one evening I broke over a dozen needles. It would be ok for about 8-15 stitches and then break. Here the maintenance person at the dealers shop had put in a new threader (without my asking for it as it was working just fine when I took the machine in to them) and he put it in sideways or something. I had another one put in and needles quit breaking.
No, I don't use my needle threader since I haven't taken the time to figure out how. Thankfully I can see well enough to thread the needle. The only other time I've had a prob. you all solved it by letting me know I was going through too many thicknesses. I'm so puzzled since I've done other FM previously without breaking needles but it started all of a sudden.
You've all made suggestions that I'm going to try very soon. It's too hot to work out in my little shop since it's 100 deg. I have a window AC but it can't keep up sometimes. Thanks for sharing your ideas.