Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 PM
MistyMarie

Originally Posted by Angelmerritt
You are not alone in your daily struggles. I too am a "Deployment Single Mom". Yes, everything wrong does happen while spouses are not home and often in the same day. It sucks and is so frustratingly painful. I admire your courage to attempt to achieve so much while he is gone. I have my meltdowns on a regular basis. Mine were bad enough for me to get professional help and for that I have half the meltdown. I have one long distance friend who I can call day or night for someone to vent at. She too is a military spouse and I always return the favor when her dh is deployed. Don't know how I would have made it through without her. I pray for your continued strength and hope you can find a friend who is kind enough to be your "vent" on days like today when you really need it! Did you feel any better after you typed out your post? I sometimes will keep a deployment document that I add to when my days are horrible. The venting is theraputic. From time to time, I read through some of my older "ventings" and get a sense of strength that I have been through some tough days and somehow will manage through this too. I know that someday (after he retires) these horrible, no good, very bad days will just be a footnote in my life that made me the person I am. > and know that you are not alone fighting on the homefront!
Hey... my husband was stationed at Whidbey! He was in VAQ130. My daughter was born at the hospital on base there (during a deployment!) We wanted to stay up there until he retired, but then he had the opportunity to come to Colorado (where our families are), so we jumped at the chance. Unfortunately, our families are still hours away, but at least not two days away.