Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by jpete523
Originally Posted by luce321
Billy, you guys have gotten me so interested in antique sewing machines that I want to purchase a Singer treadle. I always sewed on my Mom's treadle until I got my own machine when I went to work.

I always go to garage sales on Saturday mornings. After never seeing a sewing machine at any garage sales, yesterday at the second sale was a Singer electric machine. The black paint on the machine was all chipped and the cabinet was a wreck. The finish was just about completely off of it and a leg was missing . It was $20.00. I didn't get it.
Luce321, I sent you a PM. Maybe it will help you in your search.
The next sale I found a Kenmore from the forties The machine it self was all black and in great condition and the cabinet was very nice too. I don't know if there were attachments with it. They were asking $50.00. Do you think that was a good price?
I use vintage treadles because I like to sew with them. It is a personel choice as to which one to get. I prefer to sew with a singer mdl66. I have two of them plus other vintage machines just because they are cool to look at. Actually I sew with all of them. Make sure the cabinet is in good shape and all the parts are there with sewing machine. Soon you will find one that says take me home. clean me and sew with me. Happy Hunting Glenn