Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by denise d
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Denise, so sorry about your little helper! My 3 year old (back in 1975) saw how much I loved my, then, brand new Bernina sewing machine. So, in order to be helpful, he took a rag and a spray bottle of water to shine it up. I about had a cow when I discovered what his little helping hands were doing. I didn't yell at him, however, because I could see he really was trying to help Mommy. And, he still loves sewing machines to this day. Whew... glad I could hold my tongue.

Sorry about your machine troubles. I know someone is going to be able to help you in this shop. :-D
Thanks... I did not yell. What is a girl to do?! I am guessing that someone will be able to help, otherwise I can just find a repair shop.

The most disappointing thing about this, is I was hoping to get her up and running by myself....:)
OMG! I think if I were in this predicament, I would find another machine to take apart and then simultaneously work each machine back together again. All you need is a Singer 66 like yours, doesn't have to have the same decals. Were you following Billy's tutorial on cleaning the machine? That should help you too. Check youtube too.
Good luck!