View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 PM
CajunQuilter2

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by deanneellen
I posted a bed for sale recently on craigslist. It's the kind that you plug in and it inflates, has legs, etc. I didn't get any responses except one. His name was Ernie and he wanted to make sure I would sell it to him and what would I take as my final price, I told him my price and he agreed to it and asked me to take the posting down as a sign that it was sold to him. I did so and then I received another e-mail saying he would be sending me a postal money order. OK so then he goes on to say that I will need to send the extra money from the money order to a mover who will be picking up the bed. He also explained in explicit detail how I was to make the money order out when it arrived. The money orders arrived yesterday. There were two money orders of $950 each! I smelled a scam so I called the local police and they said if I had taken the MO's to the bank and cashed them and then sent the rest on to the mover, eventually the mo's would be discovered to be fraudulant and I would have been responsible for paying back all of that money. I only wanted $100 for the bed! The Sergeant I spoke with said that there are many of these scams going on and many on craigslist. You can bet I am going to be extra careful from now on.
A friend of mine had the same thing happen to her when she moved from Ga.