View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BKrenning
You don't need a stitch regulator but it will make the learning curve easier unless you just happen to be a natural.

I started without one and used my foot controller to control the speed. I taped it to the handles and just pretended it was a motorcycle--slow down in the curves--speed up in the straight aways--and I did all right. I tried just setting the speed & using my start/stop button but I did much better squeezing the foot controller.
Not to hijack the thread or anything.... BUT I have been riding for just about 30 years and have taken numerous MSF motorcycle safety courses. The correct procedure for maneuvering a motorcycle through a curve is you slow down BEFORE the curve and accelerate as you procede THROUGH the curve. If you ride and you are doing what you describe you have been very fortunate indeed that you have not gone down or caused an accident.

Come to think of it, this how I LA as well, I slow down just before the curve than accelerate through it to get a nicely rounded edge to the curve. Slowing down through it tends to cause "squarcles" (squared off circles). Oh and for the OP, get the stitch regulator, you won't regret it.