Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Well I did something I said I would never ever do. I purchased a machine off ebay. My latest is a Singer 328K, that I want to use in treadle. I like to finish off my bindings with a decorative stitch. I have been using my daughter's Threadbanger T-30 which can handle this type of work so far, but I have been worried about the machine being able to continue to handle this load since the machine has plastic parts. So, I have been on a hunt for a machine to use in treadle that has cams for decorative stitching. I do hope that this machine will work out well for what I wish to use it for.
I dont want to be the one to bust your bubble love but that machine will not work in a treadle. The bed is the same length as the slant shank machines and are a couple of inches longer (they are 16" instead of the standard 14" ). I have one just like it here at the house and I was going to put it into my 500A's cabinet and keep the machine in the sunroom but I am going to put it up for sale with all of my other electrics.

But you can cut the hole out bigger in the treadles top and make it work.

Billy
Oh no! In my researching, I saw two blogs with the Singer 328 in treadle. Okay, I'm going back now to google Singer 328 in treadle, and I'll check image pages too. I know I saw one person using it in a treadle. And if it can't be used that way, I will just use it with the motor. My husband can't figure out why I would want to treadle with it since it has a motor and to put it in a cabinet seems like work. Ok, I am nuts, but I love my treadles.
I found the page with the machine in treadle. I'm not going to copy and paste here since the person may not like that done, photos are from her blog. I did a google search and hit images to find the photo. It shows the machine in treadle. Nancy asked how is this done. If she finds the page, she can see views of the machine sitting in treadle with the treadle cord. Miz Johnny, I see how the bobbin area is cut out to make for treadle use. I just don't understand why it was done at this moment since this machine's instruction manual says it can be use as treadle or motor. But once I get it set up, I may then understand why the gal did the cutout. But first, I must finish a project that I'm free motion quilting before I switch machine heads. And then I will let Billy know if this machine head fits my cabinet.