View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 12:09 PM
charismah
Banned

I visit many blogs...and before I started LAQ I was a pretty prolific piecer/quilter. Believe it or not! :wink:

I came across this blog and the quilt called "Bottled Rainbows"

http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2011/...ape-quilt.html

I knew I wanted to make this quilt! I bought all of the material thinking next year I would get around to making it until one day when my long arm needed a service call I just new I could get this quilt pieced in the meantime....The pattern/instruction teach it in QATG method but I wanted to long arm it......Scrap BIN wasn't depleted much..

The blocks that some of the other girls make are much neater or groomed and fitted than mine..but I wanted the raw form...no cutting of my scraps ...I just wanted to use them as I pulled them out of the bin....I love the effect..and I think this makes a quick easy, graduation gift, a great exercise of color confidence.

*Some of colors are kind of hard to see..lots of shadows where i took the pictures..the purples don't show up well...

I wanted a simple quilting design...and I rally enjoyed it because i didn't have to make anything perfect as it was my own quilt..LOL.

I used a Kaffe fabric for the back, and I am including a picture of my binding fabric.
Thanks for looking!
Happy Easter!

It is actually a really bright colored fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188474[/ATTACH]

binding fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188476[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-188466.jpe   attachment-188467.jpe   attachment-188468.jpe   attachment-188470.jpe