View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
starrieyes55

We have been living for the past 5 years in our motor home. It is just the two of us, having lost both cats a year ago. It isn't easy, but it can be done. Camping World & WalMart have a folding table the size of a tv table and it has better stability. Ott lite is a must have. And again - bring what you think you can/will work on. Big cutting mats can be stored under the mattress. YOu can put towels on the table and do your pressing. Some of the campgrounds we stay in have a rec hall and you can use their tables for cutting and stretching. We took out a couch so I have a sewing cabinet that I picked up @Joann's with a 50% coupon. When the weather is good - sew outside. I have one cabinet underneath for storage (the rest are his) so you pack you think you can get done while you are gone. We are home (MA) from mid April to late Oct) then FLA for the winter. Our motor home is our home, but I do have a storage box that I use to hold what I refuse to give up (and my stash). I have a sign on our wall that says "SIMPLIFY". You need alot less than you think and you can quilt more than you know in a limited space. Good luck and happy travels!