View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Divokittysmom

My hubby and I travel and also work for OR. St. Parks system. We may be gone up to 2+ months at a time. I could NOT live with out my machine for that long! So....I always take my machine with me when we travel. We have a 35' triple slide 5th wheel. I converted the cabinet area in our bedroom for the TV to my 'sewing nook'. I put all my small plastic containers with my sewing paraphernalia in them, ziplocs with my pre-cut projects. small cutting mat, any books/patterns, machine accessories,My sewing light, my UPS Battery Back Up Surge Protector (never be in a campground w/o one if you have a computerized machine), all goes in this handy space. I am amazed at how much space there is!! I found a nice piece of embroidered suede that I stitched top and bottom casings into and insert a tension rod thru both casings. It goes across the opening for the TV and covers up all my sewing stash and looks nice too. It is so nice and tight it also holds everything in place during traveling. My plexi glass (Sew Steady Table), shape n press board for pressing and any larger items go in the under the bed storage area, just a gentle lift up and everything is quite accessible. My machine goes in the closet for traveling and storage purposes. I use the dining table which has an extension on it for sewing, I can also cut or trim on my table, stove top is for pressing.
I totally agree that sewing while I am traveling is like a little piece of heaven for me, very few interruptions! YES!! :thumbup:
I hope this helps.