Thread: Keepsake Trip
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 06:33 AM
jeanneb52

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I was surprised at how much the New Hampshire area looked just like Northern AR. It's beautiful. I was overwhelmed when I walked in Keepsakes. The displays and quilts were so nice. I didn't know where to look first. It was one of the best quilt shops I have been in.
I was visiting Boston and Keepsakes wasn't that far away for car drive. My biggest mistake was not going alone. Before an hour was up the online quilters (I had only chatted with online) that planned the trip to meet up with me half way and we all go there were ready to leave and go eat. ? I can eat anytime. They said everything was too expensive for them so we may as well leave. They drove further then I did to go! I was so frustrated, why even go on the trip if all they could do was complain about not having any money! I had to leave with them to get to my car about two hours away. I was rushed so fast I didn't even know there was a big yarn/needlework shop attached! I was leaving the next day so I couldn't go back alone.
The sales people were very nice but were getting rather put out and I was embarrassed how the ones I were with kept saying everything was too expensive for their blood.
I agree. I am a lone shopper...I don't want to be rushed, but neither do I want to stand around while someone else is browsing. Not nice of me, but there it is! I travel at my own pace and don't hurt a soul. Some of us are just natural born lone wolves....and love it!