View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:23 PM
irishrose

[quote=NannySandy: I don't want to sound like a spoil sport, but if we do the "partner" thing, I think that would take away from the overall encouragement and support we give each other as a whole. Then if everybody gets to sending PMs to just their partner, before you know it, the wt loss thread would have hardly any posts on it. Just my thinking, but it's not my decision.]

Sandy said well what I feel. At this point I feel we need to hang together as a group. You never know what effect a simple post will have on another member. I think the format of posting everything openly and sending all the FQs to a winner has been successful. If you want to use a percentage formula, I can do the math, but that should be a community decision. I don't care, personally. I know I can never win because I don't have the pounds to lose that some do, but I don't care. I'm here for the camaraderie and care and concern, not the FQs, though I do love florals.( I don't think 2 pounds will get me any.)

As far as the 'new' restrictions go, I'm not sure there are any. MJ can work that out with admin. Our lives do affect our weight and should be able to be discussed within respectful guidelines.

Hang in there, Carrie, while things get reorganized. We need you. Again, thank you, MJ. Rita's mom, 2 pounds a week is a doable goal for most, but as females with these bodies that are always preparing for a famine, I'd settle for 5 pounds a month. Doesn't my body know it's far beyond child bearing age??

I made another road trip and saw the rheumatologist. He and are not on the same page, but I will try to be open to his way for at least another month. My weight is up today, but that's not surprising. As an emotional eater, I really blew it last night after the MRI. I'm back on track today.

I AM losing weight and becoming more healthy!!!!! Judy