Thread: Help Needed!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Vintage Bicycle

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for providing info. about your machines in my other thread. As you know from that thread, I'm shopping for a new machine. My most important features include a large harp space and beautiful, even stitches for FMQ. I have found what could be an amazing deal and I wanted to ask for your input and what I should be looking for/checking when I go to test drive her tonight!

On Craig's List, I found a lady who is selling her brand new Janome Horizon 7700. She's only had he machine for 3 weeks and sewed on it for approx. 20 hrs. I was really sceptical at first, thinking it was a lemon because why would you buy a new machine and sell it after only 3 weeks? I asked her about it and she said that she has a portable Janome to take to classes and a Bernina sewing and embroidery machine already and just bought the Horizon (without doing her homework) to put on a long arm quilting frame that she wants to get. A lady who has a frame told her she wouldn't be able to use the Horizon on a frame because, being a computerized machine, the vibration wouldn't allow the Horizon to tension properly. SO - although she likes the Horizon and hasn't had any problems with it, she needs to sell it in order to make room/$$ for the frame and another machine more suited to a frame.

Basically, she's got an almost new Horizon she's getting rid of (at a GOOD price) and I'm going to see it tonight. The thing is, I really want to do my best during the test drive to make sure nothing is wrong with it. Would those of you who have a Horizon (or know about them) please tell me what features I should check and how to check them? Also, if you can think of any specific questions I should ask her, I'd really appreciate it!!!!!! I'm excited!

Thanks!
Rebecca