View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Covered in Threads

How about a list of common blocks with a picture to match? I know there's thousands but listing just the old faithful's would be nice. I see so many variations getting back to the basics might be helpful.
An explanation of what a bargello quilt is? And using Barb's tutorial - it's a great tool.
List of unique rulers available and possible quilt blocks they produce.
Making your own binding - how to cut it for the best flexibility and attaching another length to it properly!
Pillowcase finishing vs binding - pros and cons on both.
Needles - both hand & machine - the differences in all of them. (This is a book in itself)
Reading the end of a bolt of fabric - thread count, contents, wasing instructions, etc...
How to take a regular size block and make it a minature quilt.
Why you want to dust & (if necessary) oil your machines regularly and how to best do that.
Basic Erogonomics - a refresher to all and for newbies so they don't get stiff & sore and give up too soon.
Different techniques in art quilting - such as painting fabric, tea/coffee staining, coloring with crayons, pastel stains, tie dying, etc...
Use of embelishments - beads, yarns, feathers, silks, etc...
How about some suggestions on how to gracefully tell the Quilt Police to either be helpful or leave. Quilting should be a time of fun, relaxation and developing friendships with others.
Then there can always be a section of levity - where we share stories of how we easily justify adding to our own or our friends stash needs. I have never had to sneak it in but my hubby loves to hear how I justify the new additions. (wink)
Man oh man! Are you going to be busy but I'd be interested in the end results. Will continue to pass along ideas as them come along and hopefully I'm not repeating someone elses.
Have fun!