View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Rose L

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
So I don't want to join in on the fight about whether or not to shop at Walmart. I'm not going to bash them or my lqs.

So I decided to go to Walmart tonight. I picked out 3 different fabrics. All thick, nice cotton. I was happy with the quality of all of them. And all 3 of these pieces were online as well (I went in specifically looking for them). For the first time in as long as I can remember I rang the bell and someone came within seconds! It was about 9 pm. I figured I had no chance that late. But the gal that came was quite happy and friendly. When she cut my fabrics she cut them all with a couple of extra inches. the last piece was a checkered print. She not only gave me a couple of extra inches but then she lined up the fabric to cut on the edge of the print, so nothing was cut off. It was a very pleasant walmart shopping experience!
Good to know that at least some of the online fabrics are good quality. It's also nice to hear about good customer service where ever we find it. Thanks for reporting back! Happy sewing!!