View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 AM
patdesign

Originally Posted by PamB8s
My husband asked me what I wanted for my 10th wedding anniversary and I have been thinking about an embroidery machine. I don't want to do anything professionally. Just home embroidery, gifts, enhancing quilts. etc. Tell me in your opinion whats a great one to have. Thanks so much, Have a blessed day.
I have and love the Brother Innovis 1250. I started on a Brother SE350, its limitation was that it only did a 4" hoop, and I really wanted the 5 x 7 capability. The Innovis was a bit more, but, and here is the big plus, There is a lot of free embroidery design out there and with this machine you can download the embroidery to a zip stick, and insert it in the machine. No additional software to purchase. With the capability of 5 x 7 you can produce larger embroidered quilt blocks. It works in a PES format and nearly everyone does their designs in PES even if they do it in other formats. I sold my 350 at almost the price I paid for it and am really glad I went for the bigger machine, I don't think I will go beyond this one since it is easy to use and has been trouble free. If you want the price and where I got it send me a pm.:)