Old 05-01-2011, 08:52 AM
margecam52

I'm just learning also, and I'm learning that I need to add deminsion by changing colors of thread, or using a fabric for the applique that gives a bit of deminsion. My thread needs to follow the base design of my eagle (see my other posts with pics) more, and have more thread used. Mine looks more like quilting than painting.

I love the thread you used on your dove...can you tell us which brand/color/type it is?

When I do the larger eagle, I'm going to try to curve my painting, using smallish lines, more like the actual feathers would look. Would not be great for a smaller bird, like your dove (the last doves I did..I ended up just outlining...it was a baby quilt). I'm going to try a practice piece...will post when I get it done...for my eagle.

Please post the finished quilt & give us details...would love to see it.

Originally Posted by cmagee84
Okay ladies, this is my first attempt at thread painting. I watched videos on you tube for days. Planned it out in my head, practiced, practiced, and practiced.

So,it is not finished yet. Still have the beak, eyes and feet to do, plus the title. The author is a dear friend of mine and I am making this as a Surprise!!! :)

Any constructive critics would be welcome!!