View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM
grammypatty7

Got married in fall of 1963 and started working on my first quilt that Dec. so it's been 47 years off an on - had an awful lot of learning to do. My avatar is the completion of that first ever quilt and it took me 38 years to complete. Why? Because the first result was so hideous that I put it into the cedar chest and vowed to do a whole lof of learning before completing. When our daughter (2nd child) married at the age of 28 it came out of the cedar chest to store her wedding gown. Thinking I'd learned enough to finally complete this quilt I took it out, tore it all apart (it was 1/2 machine quited and the ugliest quilt on the planet) and totally redesigned the quilt. It was completed just before our 38th wedding anniversary - hence the title 38 year quilt. Over the years I've complete a lot of quilts and am now hand quilter but once again trying to learn machine quilting. My current style is hand piece, machine AND hand quilting. I also do quilt as you go working in panels. Will share my current quilt in about 4 weeks when it is completed. I've posted a few things including info about this 38 year quilt and believe you can find them if you click on my user name.
Patty

Originally Posted by SewMomma66
Hello All,

I had so much fun with last weeks poll I wanted to do another. (if I need permission from the moderators to do this please let me know) Since we are around the globe I will leave this one open until Wednesday with results on Friday. Takes a while to compute them all. LOL

How long have you been quilting? Quilting because we are a quilting board.

Results will include

Total years quilting for all who respond

Longest quilter and year they started quilting so don't be shy.

In your response be kind and do the math for me. Last poll had over 600 respondents. Share with us as much as you want and give me a total number of years.

Thank you and lets enjoy!