View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:05 PM
purplemem

I have pm'd each of you to ask you to participate and tell us something about yourself. I'll start the sharing.
I am 53, disabled, and trying to improve my health. I have congestive heart failure and have lost 90% of my lung capacity, so strenuous exercise is not an option. I eat 1200-1600 calories a day, and started losing weight last August 26, 2010. I didn't really get serious until Nov.1, when my weight had only changed 5 pounds and I was fearful of being permanently in a wheelchair. Some days I'm mobile and some days I'm not. I can't leave the house when the temp is over 80 degrees F because I can't breathe.

I am claiming that good support and friendship is the key to lifetime change. Knowing I have someone struggling with me is very important to my mental health. I really appreciate ya'll walking this path with me.

Today I had a salad for supper, so I stayed within my calorie limitation. I got a few extra hugs today. And I went to the gym and did interval bike riding for one mile. That was difficult for me but I survived. :-D

Missy, you are doing fantastic! You are my shero!
Sandy, you've been on such a journey, and you are stronger for it!
Irish, I just went to Goodwill and bought a king-sized black 100% egyptian cotton pillowslip for $1. And a XL men's 100% cotton shirt for $3. This was the Hong Kong cotton, very nice hand. Wonderful for my scrappy quilts.

I bought a new digital scale at Goodwill. This weighs in 10ths of a pound. My previous was getting to where if I held my tongue a certain way I could drop a pound. I suspect my weight will be up tomorrow, as I'll adjust to the new scale then.

How about you? Who are you? Why are you here? What are your challenges? What is easy for you?