Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
lots2do

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Since I did not make any promises to anyone or anything about not buying new fabric or anything else, I reward myself with Quilty $$$. DH & I go to Albuquerque several times a year & I have been "spending" my quilty $$$ up there. How much I give myself depends on how much I didn't want to finish something. The more I really didn't want - the more $$$. :wink: Nearly blew an entire lifetime's $$$ on the November trip. ALmost plunked down $$$ for a HandiQuilter Avante 18!!! Common sense got the better of me (darn it!) & I came away without it.

I am currently finishing up a wall hanging that I started several years ago - worth - um - $100-150. I also get to set the price. No penalty for not finishing on time as I also don't set deadlines. This one is going to be hanging in a Quilt Festival in June - so I have plenty of time to get 'er done. I must admit that this method IS getting things out of the closet and finished.
Okay, help me get this straight. You finish a project you didn't want to finish and reward yourself with bucks to spend on more fabric. I tell myself I earn Bliss Bucks when I have a really rotten day at school but really that's been just a joke to make myself feel better. Maybe I should follow your lead!