View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Debbie B

Thanks for the tip. I've already looked up the 31-15 since reading your post. I have not been sewing or quilting long...about 1 1/2 years. I've never sewn or even seen someone sewing with a treadle. I've always wondered how it works. Do you have to keep peddling that treadle or do your feet take breaks? Silly question, I know, but I've always wondered.

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Originally Posted by Debbie B
I have a newer computerized Brother machine and I use it for piecing. I bought it for the drop feed for FMQ. But, the work space is only 5". So I bought a 1953 Singer 15-125 off Craigslist, because it had a screw that would drop the dog feed and had 7" of work space. 2" may not sound like a lot, but it is to me. I was so surprised at the power of the old Singer that at first I was scared of it...ha. Now it's the only machine that I use for FMQ. I would love to get a mid arm set up or (in my dreams) a long arm, but I will probably always keep this old Singer.
Get this one. Last year I got a Singer 31-15 treadle for FMQ, and the throat space is almost 10.5"!!! It's an industrial, and there are several models with similar harp space. Mine is totally AWESOME for my FMQ, and I'll never need to contemplate the long arm. They just don't make them like that anymore.