Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 PM
insgal62

Originally Posted by Mattee
I'm glad you've had such good luck, but I'm not sure how you can disagree that I've had bad luck.

Originally Posted by JUNEC
Originally Posted by Mattee
CT is not LQS quality. I have ordered from them many times and used their fabrics often. I just made a bag of theirs this past weekend. It's comparable to some of the better Joann's fabrics (not the keepsake stuff). I prefer to find LQS fabrics on sale when I can. My favourite places for this are fatquartershop.com and fabric.com. I have also had huge problems with CT's customer service, so just know that they're not universally helpful.
I beg to disagree about Connecting Threads Customer Service. I placed an order with them last week - I got it within 6 days - When I opened it, I found they had sent 2 incorrect yds,- when I called Customer Service. I was told to keep the 2 yds had I didn't order and they would send out the correct fabric ASAP. Apologizing all over the place

Also, I think the quality of their fabric is LQS quality - I have been going through my stash - ironing & refolding all my fabric to store on the shelves I put in my closet. Connecting Threads fabric is every bit as good as the LQS fabric I have purchased. It is a nice weigh and washes beautifully

Now now everyone! I think every online fabric company has had good days and bad. Fabric.com just finished up a huge sale this week. It was a nightmare trying to place an order as I could not get their website to work. I called them twice and since I was placing a $200.00 order they didn't want to do it over the phone. They reset my password and still couldn't get order form to work and finally the second time I called they took my order over the phone. Order arrived yesterday and there was two mistakes (their fault) and one fabric I had ordered, I simply didn't like. Customer Service although hard to reach today was very pleasant and told me to keep the two mistakes and the fabric I didn't like and they would credit me for the whole thing. So even though they did have some problems that I found aggravating, they fixed everything cheerfully and to my satisfaction. But I loved all the fabric I bought a lot and even better . . .I loved the sale prices! So I don't doubt someone had a bad experience with CT, just as I don't doubt someone had a good one. Every company has a bad day sometime! Let's all just respect each others opinions and experiences!! Thanks so much everyone!