Old 05-05-2011, 09:36 AM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by sewnserge
Hi Nancy - As you can tell I am a real novice, feeling around in the dark.... Thought I was so cool, could tell the model.. Sigh. Well, I am always willing to learn!! :oops: Now, I am not even sure if this is the serial number... it is the number on the flat part of the machine, in front of the main part of the body of the machine, below the medallion. It is
G1097672
If you could help me learn more about her, I would be delighted! Thanks for any help you can offer!!!
Geeze, it is a MODEL 15!!!!!! I thought so, but I didn't know the Model 15's went back that far! You have a Model 15 allotted on March 29, 1911! Does that machine back tack or is that lever just a stitch regulator??????

Ok that machine should drop its feed dogs for FM quilting!!!!! It takes a normal 15x1 needle - the Schmetz work great! It takes a class 15 bobbin, those are readily available everywhere! Please post a close up picture of the machine decals and the face of the machine! I want to see the decals better! You can get the belts at most sewing repair shops and on-line for about $6 to $10. They all come 72", you just need to size it for your treadle and machine!

Nancy
I don't think that the model 115 had the dropping feed dogs. I am pretty sure that came along later. I do love my Singer 15's
are wonderful for free motion quilting.
Sharon W.