Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok remember this subject posted a while back? Well, I tried holding onto the fabric to stitch in place and my 127 is tougher than I am -- it won -- I couldn't keep the fabric from advancing so no stitching in place to lock the stitches!!!! What I did do is start stitching, stitch 4 or 5 stitches, then go back and start again stitching over the 1st 4 or 5 stitches! That works. Those stitches are set - they won't pull out! I was putting the border on a baby quilt so I wanted the borders to hold the quilt square. I know you can always turn around and go back over your stitches to create a 'back stitch' effect, but this is easier -- quilts are just too large to try turning them around to get the back tack! Anyone else have a better idea how to get a machine with no reverse to lock those stitches without turning an entire quilt around to go back or turning the stitch regulator down to try and stitch in place, which doesn't work real well on the 127? Nancy
Wow... I must have a lazy 127! I best oil it some more. Leaders and enders, then. I wonder what others use?