Thread: Hello, all!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 AM
AskaGirl

Originally Posted by rummage
Welcome from Scotland :)
You are so lucky! I would love to own a log cabin, will you be living in it full time? I would love to hear more about it. Also it's nice to hear from someone who makes log cabin quilts, from what I can gather you either love or hate them (I'm in the love group). Courthouse Steps is a lovely pattern.
I haven't posted photos on here myself but I'm sure there is someone out there that can 'walk' you through it, can't wait to see those photos!
Take care,
Sue (aka rummage) x
The cabin is built with chink-style dovetailed logs. The exterior needs a little sprucing up, I think it may have been a weekender's rental before we bought it. It's a little over an hour north of where we live (Atlanta suburbs), so we go up Fridays after everyone is done with school/work, and come back Sundays. The boys will be out of school in a few weeks, and DH will be able to work from "home" then. So, we're hoping to be up there more permanently for the summer. It's right on the river, and leaving every Sunday is HARD! I'm attaching a photo taken from our front yard. I need to get some better ones of the cabin itself. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-193694.jpe