Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Sherryquilts

One of the most interesting calls I got was from someone who wanted to GIVE me 5 magazines for 'free' I only needed to pay a certain amount - an odd number like 2.39 or 2.79 per WEEK for 5 years for postage and handling (hard to do quick math in your head on unusual amounts). At the time I worked with developmentally disabled adults and we had one of our clients who agreed to sign up for this 'deal' and we had a very hard time getting this person's money back. Well - about 3 months later they called me... I kinda feel sorry for the person looking back on it - I was very polite, but I did tell this person that what they were doing was lying, taking advantage of people, possibly illegal, certainly immoral; I made him stay on the line while I did the math and the totals came out to more than what a subscription was, but he just kept telling me the magazines were FREE!! He got frustrated and started yelling AT ME - I then asked to speak to his supervisor, he said the supervisor busy, I said no problem I can wait because he had already wasted 15 minutes of my day... The caller hung up on me! That company never called me back. Sigh - that was a fun day.... ;)