View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:53 AM
May in Jersey

As I clean our a cabinet or closet I pack all the unwanted or unneeded 'stuff' and drive it over to Good Will. 56 years ago we moved into a 4 room cape cod house with a small truck and a few cars. Over the years the house has been expanded and filled will furniture, etc. so now that it's just DH and me I'm downsizing a lot.

Giving my oldest granddaughter the silverware I inherited from my MIL, I never use it. My full set of china might be going to another DGD who will be married next year. One DGD received my FIL's old fashion ice cream scoop - she had asked for it when she was a child so I gifted it to her at her bridal shower. Also had the small diamonds in MIL wedding ring turned into small rings for our 6 granddaughters, oldest in each family got a diamond with 2 birthstones, rest of DGDs got a pearl from one of my rings with 2 birthstones. These gifts didn't get much 'stuff' moved out of our house but they are something the girls have as family memories.

A few months ago I cleaned out a closet with clothes I haven't worn in years and out they went along with the gowns I wore to the weddings of my 2 oldest sons, this summer they both will be married 30 years. I know I would never get even one arm or leg into the size I was 30 years ago, LOL!