View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:11 PM
k9dancer

Originally Posted by Mo_Chride

I'll just be sewing along just fine and all of a sudden I get a nest. No rhyme or reason for when they occur as far as I can tell except that it seems to happen in the last third to quarter of the bobbin.

Oh, and as to what stage of trimming my current UFOs are in... well...ummmm.... in my defense I only found out recently that at least the QP say you shouldn't do this and I still have no idea why it matters if you are doing the quilting yourself but...

Okay, I'll admit it. All four of my UFOs ONLY need to be quilted. Literally. All four have the binding already sewn on. One of them only needs the FMQ on the border. I only learned to FMQ about a year ago and only actually did any FMQ on a "real quilt" versus just a practice sandwich a few months ago. .......

Tara
Sometimes just changing the presser foot can cause a problem. If you went from one darning foot to another, say, for greater visibility, try going back to the original foot.

The reason you don't want to trim your quilts before FMQ is so you have something to hold onto when stitching, especially if you are quilting out to the edge.