View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Johanna Fritz

Originally Posted by Mo_Chride
The biggest problem (if you have gotten through all that) that I am currently having is getting "nests" of the top thread on the back. I am quilting staight lines currently so am using the walking foot. I get a similar problem when free motion quilting but suspect that in that case I am just moving the quilt too fast. Tara
Nests on the back are usually a result of not pulling up both threads to the front of the quilt and lightly holding them in place before starting. If you do that, you shouldn't get a nest. I have a HV Designer with D Cards. In my tension (upper) disc, it is easy to get the thread behind the tension disc. Also, when you thread the machine, make sure the "thread take up" (see design) is ALL the way up. That opens the tension discs. Also check that your thread is feeding easily - not wrapping around the top of the spool etc. For free motion - how fast or slowly you go should not cause "nests." You may have bigger or shorter stitches, but not nests. If it persists, take a sample of your stitches and machine back to where it was cleaned. They should have checked the timing, and clearly it is not working.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-195548.jpe