View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 PM
TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
My machine was doing that as well. I had to shut off the machine, give it a 10 second rest, rethread the top and also the bobbin...worked okay after that.
I agree here with Deb (except the part about shutting off the machine). Rethread the machine. Those nests are caused for a reason. My nests are usually because I sew at top speed and when I stop, the thread doesn't. Somehow it manages to jump out of the discombubulator thingy that goes up and down before it is threaded into the needle. When that happens, this causes the thread to unleash itself from the tension disc. If you are getting thread buggers, then something has come undone. If your fabric is trying to go on a reducing program, then something is bound up. Give it a good laxative by rethreading both the top and the bobbin thread. What ever response you get, just remember this: Nothing can tighten it self on its own. If you feel you must fix a tension issue then something has jumped it's boundaries, or there is a clog of lint somewhere. This is NOT a personal issue, nor is it a machine issue if you just remember that "things" do not tighten themselves. ;)