View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 05:22 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
Originally Posted by sahm4605
I think that the main paw section needs to be more rounded and the block smaller, that might be throwing the prints off and making it look odd to you. I like the idea though. just play around with it.
I agree, although I don't think the size of the block is the main problem. There are many corners of cat paws in the block. To my knowledge, cats don't have square paws. My suggestion would be that she applique the cat paws on that block. If she can't draw the design, she should go on line and find a Clip Art cat's paw that she can use.
Not sure why you'd be so concerned about the paws being being so realistic .... the cats are squared up, so the paw prints are OKd squared too!!

I think you are on the right track to add the inner border. Nothing wrong with the same dark green background to keep the continuity and flow. As for the paw contrast, yes in some ways it'd be nice, though I don't think you want the tracks to jump at everyone who sees the quilt. do you? First they see the cats, then the tracks are just a nice touch to frame it up ... subtle and connected to the focus. I'd keep with what you already have.

All, JIMHO! :)