Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Honchey

So glad to hear you're okay Billy. I'm a member of a Freecycle group and I picked up this Machine today. I'm hoping to give it to my sister for her grand-daughter. She wants to teach her the basics of machine sewing. I oiled her up and she still needs a little help getting to go. I accidently oiled a little too much and now the presser foot slides down after lowering the lever. She sews pretty good on 9 layers of light weight denim...I'n not used to the clickity clack of these older machines. Hopefull after all the oiling and sitting awhile --she'll quiet down. The best part is yet to come. The woman also has a 1908 treadle w/machine that she will be giving to me in about a month or two. It will take her that long to get to it in the room where it is stored. From what I saw it looks in great condition. I couldn't see the base so I couldn't tell what kind of machine it is. I am so happy!! It makes up for the machine/treadle that was promised to me but never received. Today is a very good day!!! Anne

Good Housekeeping Machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195753[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-195747.jpe