View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Strympa

Oh, wow, thank you all so very much for the warm welcome, it feels like home.
Those who would like to see some of my work, I will have to add those to my blog site, I do not have any in my computer now.
Vanatu Jill, I do not think there is a traditional quilting style in Iceland as this a hobby that has come from USA to Iceland.
olebat, I sometimes cvolunteer at a thrift shop and many quilters come there to look for fabric the can use, I have done so also and used old clothing.
Carol B, yes 17°C would be summer here.
Sewnserge, Fortunatly I do not live anywhere close to erupting volcanos, Our summers are short (3 months but the great weather and warmth can stretch into December so it feels a lot longer.
Jona, wonderful photo you posted, are you from east Iceland? I am in the north west.
andsgirl, I know of Gudrun Erla and I have been to one of her classes, she is a great quilter and designer and a fun lady to be around.
greatauntjaqui, actually Iceland is not so frozen, we have some glaciers but it gets quite warm here.
dsch, did you check your family tree? Are we related? I do not know of any of my relatives that moved to USA or Canada.
Have a wonderful day all.
Thorhildur in Iceland.