Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Aunt Sue

Originally Posted by moonrise
Grown-up blocks headed back to their Mommies this morning:

lmattick
quilted horse
sustraley
aunt sue

AuntSue, the bottom edge of your envelope was damaged in the postal system. The F8 was fine, but the 6" siggy block had some of the pink envelope and the plastic melted into it. Not sure how they managed that! Yikes! It looks like the envelope was rubbed to the point of almost burning it. :shock: There was enough of the F8 left that I was able to cut another siggy block (whew!), but I wanted to let you know it's a different block than you originally sent, in case it matters. It's the same fabric, but different placement of the leaves, if that makes sense. If it won't work, please feel free to drop another siggy block in the mail and I'll be glad to sign and return it to you. :)
No problem...thanks for cutting a new one, that will be totally fine. The USPS always makes me wonder what goes on with our mail. When I took the 35 envelopes to the PO the woman there told me that she didn't have time to weigh them and mark them....she told me I would need to buy my own scale. I told her that if it weren't for those envelopes she wouldn't have a job. I then asked for her name, which she didn't give me but then proceeded to weigh and mark the envelopes. So, I guess the damages shouldn't surprise me...

Anyway, thanks sew much and I can't wait to see my new block!